Monday, March 9, 2015

I'm baaaaaack


Ahhh...Wooden Clogs and Hedgehogs. Its been a while. I feel like some things have happened since my last post. And by some things I mean two years of my life. Quick recap:

Visited Lisbon and Barcelona with my family during my senior year. None of my teachers noticed I was gone for ten days. 







                                                                                                                                                                   

Somehow survived my senior year in College Park and graduated college (RIP Laura's liver)







                                                                                                                                                                   

Survived Memorial Day Weekend in Dewey





^ *a picture is worth a thousand words*

                                                                                                                                                                   

Decided I didn't want a real job so I taught arts and crafts at Gold Arrow Camp in California for the summer, which turned out to be one of the best decisions of my life. I also went by the name "Hedgie" for three months. So.













                                                                                                                                                                   

Once camp was over, I flew straight to North Carolina for our 27th annual Darmody Family Reunion, where I was actually referred to as Laura instead of Hedgie. It took some getting used to. My liver on the other hand needed no reminding.
 (As I'm typing this I'm realizing this "quick recap" is rather extensive but whatever, if you're reading this you're either procrastinating studying for finals or hating your life at your job. Or you're like...obsessed with me *hair flip*)



Hedgie and hedgie.


This was also the fourth annual Darmody cook off challenge, which was macaroni and cheese! Scores were based on a combination of taste, presentation, and overall mac-and-cheesiness. First place went to my Uncle Tommy with mushroom, onion, and bacon macaroni and cheese. A well deserved last place went to my Uncle Robert with an interesting combination of tuna fish and capers. I think we still have some left-overs if you're hungry.
This is riveting stuff people, try and contain yourselves. 

                                                                                                                                                                   

After the family reunion, my friend Cassidy asked me if I wanted to roadtrip to Nashville real quick. 


We went out of our way to see this coffee pot shaped house.


And we went significantly out of our way to see this giant pencil. We even got out of our car to get a better look. We parked our car. To look at this pencil. 


But then we made it to Nashville.

Where we proceeded to force our Lyft driver to drive us to McDonalds. We did offer to buy him something from the dollar menu.





INGRID MICHAELSON. I cried during her performance. Real tears.



                                                                                                                                                                   

After getting back from Tennessee I thought it would be a good time to apply for jobs.


That didn't go over so well.

                                                                                                                                                                   

My mom felt bad for me so she invited me to go to Oregon with her to visit my mom's 
side of the family. 
No Grandma, I don't have a boyfriend yet.





Honestly being unemployed is tiring.

                                                                                                                                                                   

After we got home my mom gave me some bad news. She told me the time had come. It was time to get a job.


And that, my friends, is where my story starts...*drops mic and walks away*





















No comments:

Post a Comment