Monday, February 1, 2016

A mere 24 hours in DaLat

Thankfully we had booked our hostel in advance (to all you people who said *just wing it* HA TAKE THAT) so we weren't meandering around DaLat at 5 am. We were able to check into our hostel (Mr. Peace Hostel...top 5 hostels I've stayed at plus Mr. Peace is fabulous see picture below) and were given a room by ourselves to snooze in. I have never been so happy to sleep in a hostel bed as I was at that moment.


It doesn't look like much but after not sleeping for about two days it was heaven.


After being forced to arise from my slumber with the lure of Vietnamese coffee, we managed to get up and have our third banh mi in a little over 24 hours. Less is not more. More is more. 


Thanks for documenting one of the best banh mi sandwiches we sampled while in Vietnam, Chels! Your thumb ring looks great. 

We then took a tour of the DaLat countryside which was beautiful!





^Elephant Falls


^"I'm so fun"


^"I'm not even scared of this waterfall" *internal crying*



^our tour guide took us behind the waterfall and IT WAS SO COOL. Poor Chelsea couldn't come because her camera isn't waterproof like my GoPro suckaaaaa



^you can't look at this buddha and not smile





^silk worms




^silk factory!



^taking shots of rice wine


^not in college anymore

Our last stop of the tour was to see how weasel coffee was made. I thought I was hearing wrong, but it is confirmed that a weasel eats the coffee beans, poops them out, someone washes them??!?!?!, and then coffee is made from those beans. Beans that have passed through a weasel. I drank coffee that came out of a weasel's ass. 


^Can you tell which ones are cleaned and which ones aren't? Me neither.


It turned out to be delicious and the view that came with it was beautiful!


We really worked up an appetite drinking weasel poop coffee, so our tour guide took us to eat some of the best spring rolls I have ever had. 



SO GOOD I am salivating looking at this picture right now


Then we headed back to our hostel where we helped make our second dinner of the night. #portioncontrol


^Mr. Peace feeling himself


^Mr. Peace's daughter whose happens to have the best name in the world. Her name is Laura.


^lol hi

After politely declining the invitation to go out with these fun people with thoughts of flying home from Ireland the day after Saint Patty's Day ringing in my head, we went to bed because we had a flight to catch in the morning! EYYOOOO HOI AN!


































No comments:

Post a Comment