Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Back in Brussels

        Once we were back in our lovely prostitution area of Brussels we watched some Storage Wars (great show by the way) until we fell asleep. The next morning we were craving some waffles and were told by the information desk that the Waffle Factory is a really famous waffle shop in Belgium. It was right near Manneken Pis so we figured we would go there for breakfast. The guy told us though that there are two Waffle Factories right next to one another, and the smaller one is the famous shop, not the bigger one next to it.


We found it!!!!! What's that sign on the door you ask?


I can't read French so I don't know. But I'm going to take a wild guess and say that it was closed. I might have shed a tear at this moment in time, but I was so hungry that I don't remember. So naturally we went next door to the "other" far-less-known and definitely not famous Waffle Factory. 

Still delicious though! 


Sarah got a waffle with dark Belgian chocolate. 


Maddie got one with Nutella. 


And I went the savory route and got a bacon, mozzarella, tomato and basil waffle. Yum. 

Then we went to see what Brussels is famous for....a statue of a peeing boy.




It was a little bit overrated but you can't go to Brussels and not see the peeing boy! I mean come on its a statue of a peeing boy. 

Then we went to the Royal Palace Museum. O0o0o0o that sounds fancy Laura! That's what we thought. The outside was pretty impressive. 







But then we got to the actual museum. I guess its technically an archeological site and museum which is why all we saw was this:





And thats about it. Probably something my dad would like. 

Speaking of things my dad would like, after that thrilling museum we went to see Atomium, which is a unit cell of an iron crystal magnified 165 billion times. Can I get a woop woop?





You could go up in Atomium to get a nice view of Brussels but you had to pay and we wanted to eat that night so we passed. After going home and making dinner, we went to Delirium! 



Delirium is a bar in Brussels that has over 2,000 brands of beer from over 60 countries.  It holds the world record for the most number of beers available at one time! This is just a small list of the beers they have on tap...the real beer list is apparently in different binders depending on what language you choose. 


I was going to steal this boot glass until I realized there was a 30 euro deposit on it...



We tried the Delerium beer and mango beer (I think...we kind of just pointed) but both were delicious! We might go back again because I hear they have cookies and cream beer. Combining my two favorite things could either be delicious or just entirely wrong. A great ending to our spring break! 

We got back to the Hague around 10:40, and I knew that Pita Gyros closes at 11, so we sprinted there because I had been away from them for over a week. They were cleaning up the grill and I was devastated, but I knocked on the door and Stavanos (yes, we are now officially on a first name basis), recognized me and made me the last pork gyro of the night. That's what I call love.















No comments:

Post a Comment