Sunday, January 27, 2013

Help me I'm poor

          Yesterday me and my two roomies decided we would try and get some groceries to fill our mini fridge. Yes mini fridge. About three cartons of eggs can fit in this mini fridge. Maybe a bottle of ketchup. A mini bottle. Regardless, we needed food so we went to the grocery store down the street and I filled my cart with the smallest items possible. I went to pay with the "international" credit card my dad had given me to use specifically in Europe since I spent all my cash on my "essential items" (wine, towels, and a hair straightener). I went to type in the pin number on the keypad and saw it was all in Dutch but I just typed away anyway, not knowing what it was asking for. I clearly don't know Dutch so it could have been telling me a joke for all I know. The cashier just gave me a weird look when the machine started beeping and looked at my card and told me that card wouldn't work. I was tempted to just sneak a piece of bread because I was that hungry, but then I remembered what Les Miserables and Aladdin taught us.

So I had to leave my beloved groceries behind, and go back to my apartment with empty hands and an empty stomach. All day I just wandered around feeling like Annie in Bridesmaids.

No comments:

Post a Comment