Friday, February 22, 2013

I'm horizontal running

Maddie and I went to our first gym class yesterday. We figured BodyPump was a really good way to start our day, so even though we didn't know what to expect we saw an old lady going in to the class so we figured it wouldn't be too bad. An hour later I felt like I had just been tortured. In Dutch. At one point the fitness instructor told us to simply jump and I tried and failed miserably.

 photo garfield_faceplant_zpsce0949e4.gif



I just kind of walked out of there like 


 photo tumblr_mgvxspSO4i1s3bpn4o1_500_zps0370f4c4.gif


But we did get free coffee afterwards so that made it all worth it. Then after we crawled home and went to class, the borrel (yes there is a bar in the school...college park step your game up) for the night was American themed... so naturally they put up pictures of Obama, Beyonce, and the Statue of Liberty. 


And they set up games of beer pong which we lost an embarrassingly large amount of times. 


Then one of the Dutch group leaders for my Europe at home class and his friends could tell I was from America because they said I have nice teeth, and proceeded to call me Oral-B. I wasn't sure whether to be creeped out or flattered. So there you go mom, I told you I still wear my retainers! I also met a girl from Portland, Oregon!! She doesn't go to Oregon State or U of O but her sister is going to the University of Maryland next year! Small world. After the borrel, I was really craving a certain something because I hadn't eaten dinner. You guessed it. A pork gyro. I hadn't had one all week and I know the workers there were getting worried about me so I forced everyone to come with me. And Maddie and I got to ride on the back of a bike for the first time since we've been here. Terrifying.


It was a monumental moment that I clearly felt the need to record. 



I think Maddie had too much fun being the life of the party.


 Hopefully she isn't too tired because today we go to Paris!!! 7 hour bus ride here we come!




No comments:

Post a Comment