Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Darmody Eurotrip: Second stop- Paris!

After taking a train to Paris (a lot better than the seven hour MegaBus ride I took in February) we were greeted with the lovely sight of gypsies trying to get us to sign a piece of paper, while casually taking stuff out of our purses. Welcome to Paris!

We got a museum pass and went to the major sights such as Notre Dame, Arc de Triomphe, and the Eiffel Tower. I had already done everything because of my visit to Paris in February, but it was nice because I wasn't freezing this time around! However it was pouring.




Left: Paris in February                                  Right: Paris in June





Not much difference! 

Where are we?!?!


Siiiiiiinging in the rain!


The next morning we took a trip to the Palace of Versailles! I would have enjoyed this more if I could walk, but it was still very cool to see. 






Marie Antoinette's room!






On the way back from Versailles, it was getting to the point where I could barely walk. Man I am getting old! They went to The Louvre Museum while I stayed in the apartment with my throbbing foot up.


Then we went to dinner at a delicious salad place that puts garlicy potato chips on top of every salad. Healthy right? Still delicious!







The next morning was the first day of sunshine! We walked around the Luxembourg gardens and enjoyed being outside!




USA!



Spotted: crab


We then had to wait in line outside to go to this famous dessert shop, says my sister.


Maccaroons! We got a lot of weird flavors, including rose and amber. 



No idea what this thing was. It tasted like a rose. Weird.


Being French and enjoying our baguettes! 


Then we visited another museum! Yay for museums! Sarcasm included. 

The Orsay museum. 





Even my mom had enough of the museums. 


Then we paid a visit to the Eiffel Tower!



"This is going to be a great picture!" Probably the worst angle you could ever capture of someone. Thanks dad!



Beautiful parents!


Listening to mom read Rick Steves...trying to contain our excitement!



Are you guys French?!


Nailed it.




Then we went to dinner where we tried escargot! It was actually really good...beware snails of Maryland I'm gonna eat you! I'm bigger than you, I'm higher on the food chain! Get in my belly!




 A great ending to a wonderful time in Paris! In the morning we were off to London! HARRY POTTER WORLD HERE I COME!!!!!!!!!














No comments:

Post a Comment