Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Oh....hm

I went to my Turkish market needing some chicken. After getting all my fruits and vegetables I point at the chicken breast and say "kip alstublieft" which means chicken please, because that is as far as my Dutch goes. I also know that the guy helping me is the only one who doesn't know any English. He said something which I just kind of nodded at, because really, what could he be asking me? Then I remember I need eggs and milk! I step away from the counter in search of those last items and he rings me up. On my bike ride back I'm thinking, wow I can't wait to make some chicken caesar salad! 

I open the grocery bag. 


A single chicken. A single. Whole. Chicken. 

You say, "Laura, why don't you just stick it in the oven?"
Why didn't I think of that?! Oh wait! I don't have an oven! Not to mention this whole chicken is going to take up a hell of a lot of room on my single shelf in my mini fridge. I contemplate somehow boiling it (is that even possible?) but none of my pots were big enough, plus do I need to remind you of the chili incident? 

At least my friends were supportive. 



I think I'll take Hannah Gutcher's suggestion.

No comments:

Post a Comment